Adding new story
From XStoryPlayer Wiki
First we will add a new story to XStoryPlayer.
Again during all tutorials do not save!
- Place the
pack_abducteddirectory from the 'Tutorial resource pack' in the
./packdirectory of XStoryPlayer.
- Open XStoryPlayer and go to the story menu. You should see here the "Abducted" story. Start it.
- You should be in a test room, with red boxes. Press F3 to close XStoryPlayer.
start_mode = SCENE;because we will be starting directly in storymode from now on.
- Open the
/pack_abducted/story.txtfile in an text editor. This file contains the information needed to add the new story to the story menu.
Basically XStoryPlayer checks if there is a
story.txtfile in a
./pack/pack_[name][|.bin]file or directory. If so, it is added to either the fastsex menu or story menu.
story.txtfile does not have
type = FASTin it, it is added to the story menu.
- We have filled in some names and descriptions in the
story.txtbased on the story we are making. Try out different names and descriptions and see how they affect the story.
- The story images are still blanco and can be found in the
/pack_abducted/story_imagesdirectory. Edit some of them if you like.
- A very important entry in the
story.txtfile is the
code = "init/story/init.dat";. It means that the entry code for the story can be found in that file.
- But before we start coding, first a setting has to be created. We will do this in the next tutorial 'Making new scene'.